Chandigarh is a beautiful city to visit and here are the reasons Chandigarh is one of the best cities to live in.
- Most Dreamed and Cleanest City: Chandigarh is the most dreamed cleanest and greenest city in India and will also become the country’s first solar city in 2016. A city and union territory of India and serves as the capital of two states, Haryana and Punjab are one of the finest cities in India. Chandigarh, the home of Mata Chandi, is located near the foothills of the Shivalik range of the Himalayas. Every road in the city runs through a stream of trees. Every market in every sector is provided with dustbins and there is a waste treatment plant on the outskirts of the city. Sweepers take their job seriously and while driving to the office in the early morning you would see them working even in the chills of winter.
- Well Planned City: One of the reasons why Chandigarh is so popular in India is for it is a well-planned city. After Albert Mayer, the master plan of the city was shaped by Le Corbusier. Thereafter, 3 heads of the Chandigarh Capital Project Team took it to a next level and turned the map into reality. It is planned in such a way that residents will know what sector falls next, adjacent and opposite to which sector. The routing is very easy to follow.
- No Boring Weekends: If you decide to live in Chandigarh, you will not have a single boring weekend here. There are many happening spots for weekend while you are with your family or want to enjoy more with your friends in City Beautiful Chandigarh. While there are several places to visit in the city itself, one can easily plan getaways given its proximity to hill stations like Kasauli, Solan, Shimla, and more. The main attractions in the city itself are Elante Mall, Sukhna Lake, Rock Garden, Zakir Hussain Rose Garden, The Open Hand monument, Garden of Silence, Leisure valley and not to forget, several malls.
- Parks and Gardens: Every block of every sector in Chandigarh has an individual park which tells you that it is definitely a green city. Just imagine driving on a road with trees on both sides, it is a rare sight in metro cities like Delhi and Mumbai. The parks and gardens are well maintained. Many of them even have musical fountains and swings for kids. Japanese Park, Rose Garden, Terrace Garden, and Rose gardens are the few names of city parks.
- Safe Nightlife: While girls are always scared to go out to discos and pubs in happening cities like Delhi and Bangalore, Chandigarh is considered rather safe. There are several elite discotheques and pubs to enjoy the nightlife.
- Traffic Rules and Police: Chandigarh’s Traffic Police is one asset for the city. Recently 3000 CCTV cameras were installed all over Chandigarh, especially at the main entrance and crowded areas to control traffic jams and mishappening in the city. You will not spot anyone without a helmet on a two-wheeler and without a seatbelt on a four-wheeler. The Chandigarh Police is very strict when it comes to the safety of its residents be it a man or a woman. Also, the crime rate in the city beautiful is very low.
- Transportation: The city is well connected to nearby places and mainly the tri-city including Panchkula and Mohali. It is notable that the city has the largest number of vehicles per capita. The ISBN (Inter State Bus Terminals) are located in sectors 17 and 43. The railway connectivity is also well established as the city falls in the northern Railway Zone on the network. Also, commercial flights to major cities operate from Chandigarh Airport.
Because of the picturesque beauty of Chandigarh, it is called ‘The City Beautiful’.